Entrepreneurship requires lots of different skills, and a coach to guide you, give you reviews on your work, and tell you when a skill needs to get better, is a huge advantage! Just like in sports, you have coaches that guide the players to make the right moves, but also eliminate the bad moves. The facts are, you will get better and improve drastically when you have someone in your corner, that keeps you accountable for your moves.
Some entrepreneurs may feel like they can do the work alone, but times have changed, networking and knowing people who have done what you want to accomplish has never been more important as it is now, in modern society.
- Entrepreneurship can be learned and mastered
- Great entrepreneurs grow with a mentor
- Entrepreneurs need someone who can keep them in check
- Entrepreneurial coaching expands network, network with investors, partners and customers
- Mentors reduce risk, and increase the chances of success drastically.
Maybe you are having doubts, dwelling on a life filled with more opportunities and freedom, and the things that you concern yourself about the most might be:
But what can you expect from a business coach/mentor, and why is it such an advantage in the market to have that mentor to guide you through your business? Well, here are some of the things you can expect from your mentor.
Are you stuck on the business ideas, and not quite sure what to do with your market, or maybe you don’t even have a market yet? A mentor can guide you in your market, or find your market, and discover opportunities that you might have missed!
A great mentor can help to assess your risk, and even help reduce your business risk. Remember your mentor has been there, done that, your mentor is a step ahead of your risk, learn from your mentor’s mistake and not by risking your financial health on your own.
Maybe you don’t know what your passion is, or you do, but don’t know how to assess it. Your mentor can help you face whatever challenges you have about you passion, and reignite some sparks that you didn’t even know you had.
When you are in doubt about anything, and you may be temporarily numb from whatever type of business situation you are in, your mentor will be the supporting role to give you that extra push, to re-establish your focus, and make the moves that count.
Business coaches can help you find flaws and opportunities about your business model, and give you the right guidance to find and attract the paying customers.
When your business grows
Believe it or not, making the right choices in the growth stage of your business is just as important as to not make the wrong moves early on. Your mentor will work as an advisor to help you handle the growth and keep up with demand.
What should you be looking for in a great coach?
Well now you know what benefits you have by assigning a business coach to your team, but what are some qualities that you should look after in a coach?
- Has your coach established a successful business?
- Does your coach know how to be a great teacher? ask your coach for teaching examples and give them scenarios that test their character
- Ask your coach about their beliefs and their own philosophy about what it takes to be successful, your coach should have their beliefs molded from their experiences.
- Does your coach have relevant information about the market you wish to pursue? Having a coach that has already worked out the market you are pursuing might be a game changer you need.
- Can you work well with your coach? Having a coach that you have good chemistry with, and challenges you, is important, and a important factor is, how well do you work together.